The contest is open to all Elkhart County and adjacent county businesses, organizations and individuals. No entry fee required. One entry per business, organization or individual allowed. All entries must be made from at least 75% up cycled/recycled materials. The Yard Art will be on display during the Elkhart County 4-H Fair.
Prizes will be awarded to entries as follows:
1st Place - Plaque + 20 Fair Tickets
2nd Place - Plaque + 15 Fair Tickets
3rd Place - Plaque + 10 Fair Tickets
Guidelines for the contest:
- Registration is required and must be received in the Elkhart County 4-H Fair Office no later than Friday, June 21, 2024, or emailed to email@example.com by the same deadline. Late registration will not be accepted.
- No entry fee is required.
- Size of the entry can be no larger than 5 ft. long, 4 ft. wide and 7 ft. tall. Display must be free standing. Metal T-posts may be driven into the ground to stabilize your display if needed. Digging a support into the ground is prohibited. Space may be limited so size must be followed.
- At least 75% of the materials used to construct your entry must be repurposed or recycled items. (Old or used, could be bound for the trash, could be obtained at a resale shop, etc.) The base or stand can be newer so the exhibit will be stable. Make sure all parts of the Yard Art are securely attached. Also, make sure your Yard Art will withstand the weather.
- Electricity and water will not be available for your display. You may use solar/battery power. If batteries are used they must be contained within the display and housed in a safe manner not accessible to the public. Displays cannot contain a burning flame.
- The Contest is limited by imagination only. Displays must be in good taste and 4-H Fair appropriate. Yard Art displays that reflect controversial social, political, cultural or religious situations will not be accepted.
- The Green Committee will provide signage for your display after judging takes place.
- Entries will be judged based on: design, appearance, creativity, use of recycled/reused materials and overall quality.
- Your entry needs to be checked-in and placed Wednesday, July 17 between the hours of 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. at the Fairgrounds.
- Judging will take place on Wednesday evening and the winners will be announced during a special event on Thursday evening, July 18.
- Entries will remain on display for the duration of the Fair.
- Your entry must be removed Sunday, July 28 or Monday, July 29. Any entry remaining after these days will become the property of the Fair Green Committee and may be used as the committee and Fair see fit.
- The Green Committee and the Fair Board are not responsible for loss or damage to entries.
- The Green Committee and Fair Board reserve the right to deny any entry that does not follow the guidelines.
(length x width x height)