For Immediate Release
April 1, 2020
Amid concerns of COVID-19, the Elkhart County 4-H Fair is closely monitoring the situation but continues to plan and prepare for the annual Fair, July 24-August 1, 2020.
We take the safety of our guests seriously and will continue working with public health officials on best guidelines and practices to keep everyone safe.
At this time, we cannot foresee what the COVID-19 situation will be in July. With the best interest of our community and organization in mind, we plan to delay any major decisions until closer to our much anticipated event. The situation is constantly changing and we will take any appropriate actions as it becomes necessary to do so.
Our annual Fair provides the community with valuable entertainment, youth development programs and agricultural support and we will continue to advocate for these initiatives. Our hope is that come July our community is healthy and ready to gather together again.
With the safety of fairgoers in mind, we have always been committed to providing adequate hand washing stations and a clean and disinfected facility. This will remain our goal and we will continue to improve all of our processes in accordance with updated standards.
In the meantime, we encourage the public to follow the recommendations of public health officials:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60% or higher alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing and maintain at least a six-foot distance from others.
- Stay home unless you need to go somewhere.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw your tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you are not feeling well, please consult your doctor and stay home.
We appreciate the support of our community and look forward to seeing everyone at the annual Fair, July 24 -August 1, 2020.
About Elkhart County 4-H Fair
The Elkhart County 4-H & Agricultural Exposition, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to the development of youth and promotion of agriculture in Elkhart County, Indiana. The Fairgrounds is comprised of 380 acres of land, 347 campsites and eight permanent structures available for community events and facility rental. The facilities host more than 50 groups and business as well as the annual Elkhart County 4-H Fair, seeing more than 350,000 guests in a calendar year. The annual Fair is one of the largest in the state of Indiana, welcoming nearly 200,000 guests annually through the gates.
The 2020 Elkhart County 4-H Fair runs July 24-August 1, 2020. For more information go to www.4hfair.org, @ElkhartCo4HFair on Twitter or www.facebook.com/elkhartcounty4Hfair.