Each individual may only play for one team regardless of age. Please arrive 30 minutes before your posted game time. Each team must have a light and dark jersey. Teams must be present at game time or the late team will forfeit. Release forms must be signed by all participants if 18 years or older and participants under 18 years must have a parent or legal guardian sign on their behalf.
- All games will be refereed.
- All decisions made by referees are final. Only questions about rule interpretation may be clarified by rule official.
- Will be using IHSA rules, except with the following changes:
- Referees have the authority to bench players for disciplinary purposes. The player sits out until the opposing team scores 2 point
- Referees may eject players for continual misconduct or flagrant fouling. Misconduct includes improper behavior such as foul language, obscene gestures, and any disrespect for other players or spectators.
- When a player is in the act of shooting, 1 free throw is awarded, unless behind the 17 ft. arch, then two shots will be awarded. The ball will be played on the release.
- A flagrant foul that is called by the referee will result in two free throws being issued to the offended team and they will also receive possession of the ball.
- The 1st through 6th common team fouls results in loss of possession of the ball. On the 7th common team foul, the opposing team will be awarded 1 free throw. The ball will be played on the release.
- Each individual may only play on one team regardless of age. The team you register with will be your team for the duration of the contest.
- A minimum of 2 players must be present at game time in order to avoid disqualification.
- Your team will be placed in the age category of the oldest team member.
Scoring (All games start with a 25-minute running clock. Only the last minute can be stopped).
- 10-12 years Boys & 10-12 years Girls – Play to 13, must win by 2 or first team to reach 16
- 13-15 years Boys & 13-15 years Girls – Play to 15, must win by 2 or first team to reach 18
- 16-18 years Men & 16+years Women – Play to 18, must win by 2 or first team to reach 21
- 19 – 30 years Men – Play to 18, must win by 2 or first team to reach 21
In the event the clock expires before a team reaches the needed points, the team with the most points wins. In a tie, the first team to scores wins.
Additional Information for the games:
- Out of bounds first goes to the winner of the coin toss to start games (and overtime if needed)
- A jump ball will go to the defense.
- The ball must be checked after each dead ball and point scored.
- The ball must be passed in while standing out-of-bounds at the top of the court, not the take back line.
- Any ball out-of-bounds must be taken out at the top of the court.
- All parts of the backboard are considered inbounds unless the ball touches a support bracket or post, at referee’s discretion.
- The ball must be taken back to the 19ft line on every change of possession. Both feet and the ball must be taken back completely behind the line.
- Violation of the taken back rule only occurs if a basket is made by the team at fault and results in loss of point and possession.
- If a player is fouled while shooting and the basket is good, no free throw is to be taken. Point(s) are awarded and the other team is charged with a foul. The team that committed foul gets the ball.
- Player substitution may be made at any dead ball situation
- One time out (1 minute) allowed per game, per team.
- Continual running clock (except for team timeout) until the last minute unless at referee’s discretion.